My latest project

My latest project
Barn Quilt~Roodhouse, IL

Friday, September 24, 2010

In My Little Corner of the World...

I tend to enjoy things that make me use my imagination, just a couple weeks ago I put a 10' x 10' barn quilt on the wall of my old carlot building and now I'm in the process of painting my new little building and trying to convince my husband that I need a small little deck on the front of it! 

I enjoy sewing, I have an embroidery machine that I've played with the past 3 years, making sweatshirts for the basketball, volleyball and football teams for our school! Plus, I love to make applique designs on clothes (snowman or children's designs!) I have a small account on http://www.etsy.com/  my shop is sewcutelittleB --I know, I need more stuff :) HA HA I have too many hobbies!

I scrapbook my pictures of my family and experiences in life (even though I need to do it again, I never seem to ever be caught up, LOL--can you relate?  I did buy me a better camera, I do suggest everyone do this--but now I would love a major upgrade--that will be my next big purchase, I have found out that I love to take pics of nature! Deer season is coming up, I will be in a stand with my camera as my weapon!

I took a step out of my comfort zone and took a pottery class at the college in Godfrey, IL.  I became very good at throwing on the wheel (it was always a desire, so happy that I went out on that limb!)  It has been a couple years, but I still would love to purchase a wheel soon!

I love to paint with acrylics, I do paint with oil and I love that way as well, but I am more comfortable with acrylics.  My mom is an artist, that is where my inspiration comes from, to try anything.  I never go into a new hobby with the mind set of I can't do it.  I will try anything, who knows...I may be the next...... hmmmm :) I just never know, my corner of the world is endless! I love that possibility!

Well, I'm sure there are other things that I love to do, cooking...I'm not the best at it, I would love to do a Rachel Ray or a Paula Deen effortless kind of cooking, it's just not gonna be like that but it does not stop me from trying. I guess we can't enjoy everything. 

I am so happy to start this adventure in the blog world,  I have wanted to do this for a couple years.  Bear with me as I get started, I will see what I can come up with to share with you. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend, let the Fall Festivities begin! It is my favorite time of year!  My brain starts buzzing with all kinds of things to do for the upcoming holidays! You will be able to find me in my "little corner" up at my carlot or in my little craft room (that you can't even walk through) working my magic on another little project! Let this new adventure begin! <3~~


No comments:

Post a Comment